Tuesday, September 2, 2008

New Psych

Tomorrow's my appointment with a new psychiatrist. I haven't given up my old one, entirely. I'm considering her a fall back option. But this new psychiatrist works with the same agency as my therapist, and as I like her a great deal and the agency seems extremely professional, I want to give this guy a real shot. My therapist and I have been discussing my diagnosis, and I've explained to her the whirlwind way they slapped a label on me in the hospital, then again at my last psych without any sort of true evaluation or tests, etc. My therapist said she was going to talk to the psych before my appointment, let him know what we'd been discussing. I told her if she should stress anything it's that I would really like to have a thorough evaluation, including tests if available and that's what it takes, and a real diagnosis. I need something solid to hang my hat on.

Here's hoping.

0 comments: