Monday, July 28, 2008

Psych Check-In

Haven't been sleeping well. Unable to fall asleep, so up until 3am, etc. Wake up feeling like I have a hangover. Using caffeine to get me functioning after being off caffeine for so long. All things I tried to convey to my psych today. She still considers me unstable, which is frustrating, and yet, true, and while she doesn't think I'm stable enough to consider a part-time job, she thinks some volunteer work would be good for socialization at this point. Happy to hear I have a therapist appointment tomorrow, as well.

My change in meds:

Benicar 45/100 -- 1x a day (Same)
Klonopin 1mg -- 3x a day (Upped)
Lamictal 150mg -- 2x a day (Upped)
Remeron 30mg -- 1x a day (Same)
Wellbutrin 300mg -- 1x a day (Same)

Since I'm having trouble sleeping, she's given me some leeway to mix my drugs around (i.e. taking Lamictal all at night or all in the morning, taking half a Klonopin in the morning if I'm groggy, etc.) The problem with the Klonopin is that it has a 12-hour half life, so if I take it all at night to help me sleep, how does it help my anxiety during the day?

I'd also be curious if anyone else experiences episodes of hypomania or anxiety that seem to be directly set off by doctor visits. I always seem worse when I go.

Oh, we also discussed my driving. I haven't been driving in a year or two. Jb's basically been using the car and what not. Lately, he's been encouraging me to try to get behind the wheel again, but it's causing me such anxiety that I don't think I'm ready for it. More importantly, my meds keep me off-balance, dizzy. The psych agreed that with my meds I probably shouldn't be driving until I'm more stable.

On a side note: The nation's health care system may suck, but state insurance for the needy, such as Medicaid, is a godsend. All of my prescriptions cost me $4. Free psych and therapist visits. Free doctor visits and lab tests. That's such a financial relief right now when I can't be working.

0 comments: