Sunday, July 20, 2008

Set Back

Status: Med compliant. Tired.

Concern: I'm considering scrapping this blog. When I first started this blog, I gave Jb access to it. I thought it'd be a way for him to understand how I felt and what I was going through. I think, after a fight I'll mention later, that all of this was more than he could handle. And I'm feeling as if I've let him too far in while he's stayed silent and kept everything in. I don't like the vulnerable position this puts me in. I already feel vulnerable, and Jb's feelings come out harsh in arguments.

Argument: It started over going to a freakin' deli for lunch. I had asked if there was anything there I'd like. I had wanted to know if Jb had even thought of me. I don't typically like sandwiches and subs, so I was unsure why we were going. Well, he hadn't thought of me. And apparently, my pointing this out had "ruined" the afternoon. We ended up in a yelling match, trying to out stubborn each other. Me, sitting on the curb by the car. Him smoking on the steps and leaving me there. What came out in the end was his feelings that I'm constantly negative these days. That we can't go out and do anything without my mood swinging, without being negative, and how do I respond to that? Giving him access to this blog was supposed to help him understand what I'm going through. But it's wearing him thin, and it's straining our relationship in ways I don't know how to deal with because I can barely deal with myself. I'm considering looking into a support group recommended by my psych.

The upsetting part of yesterday was that I was so hysterical, got worked up to such a point, that I probably hit manic for at least a few. And this is my problem: I go from depressed to manic to normal to depressed to normal to manic and it can be in hours, or days. It's not the periods of mania and depression that, looking back, I can begin to label and name. There was a point where I was so hysterical I wanted to go to the hospital because I really did want to overdose, slash my wrists. And it was frightening and impulsive, and I didn't really care. I was so tired of fighting, fighting to keep the feelings in boxes, away from the people I love, and being yelled out for not being able to do it. Since hospital over four months ago, I've honestly felt as if I've needed in twice in the last four months, but I've kept it to myself.

On the Good Side: I got my medicaid cards. They cover inpatient and outpatient care, so if I need to go to hospital this time around, I can. They also cover just about everything else without copay or out-of-pocket expenses. It's a life saver right now. I only wish I could find a therapist. They're as elusive to me as unicorns.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you definitely need a therapist. believe me i totally understand the mood swinginess and the feelings of being out of control and impulsive. then the bad thoughts come and they linger on your shoulder daring you to do something.

now that im med compliant, after trying 8 different meds, and ive been seeing a shrink for over four months, i can recognize the patterns that are self destructive and at times even will them away. the outside objective point of view helps, and with a good therapist they will help you gain insight into why you are being triggered like this.

good luck!

p.s i used to blog to about being bipolar but i had to stop because it made me wallow and i was starting to get too self absorbed. everything became bipolar related and it started to nag me... maybe u can take a break or blog once a week instead?? (not that i dont like reading what u right or anything) it might just help keep things in your head instead of online for everyone to see. you might not beat yourself up as much if they were your private thoughts.

Inertia said...

I do need a therapist, and I know the blog is overcompensation for not having someone to talk to about everything. I wish one would call me back or work with my insurance. Silly people wanting to make money for their services. ;>

Thanks for the well wishes, and yeah, I get sick of myself sometimes. I think there's this period when you get a diagnosis that makes sense after years of things not making sense where you -- or maybe just me -- obsess about it, though. As if you need to go back over your life with this new way of looking at things.

I know that until I went into the hospital I never told anyone about the way I really felt. Not my therapist. Not my doctors. I didn't know there was anything to tell. I learned to keep things in as a kid. So maybe you're right. Maybe I'm letting too much out now because of that.