Friday, July 25, 2008

On That Note

I feel pretty good today, though I forgot to take my meds last night, and I haven't taken them yet this morning. There's a false sense of not needing them in that, I know. Because I feel fine. But that's probably because they're still in my bloodstream. The half-life of most drugs isn't short enough for one missed dose, or even two, to end in the drug completely leaving your system. But I will take my meds, I will try to make a cake I've been determined to make for weeks, and I'm going to try to mop, and maybe vacuum, while I have the energy and motivation.

N.B. This is when I wonder why I need to go in to see the psychiatrist or the therapist, now that I have one. I'm afraid I'll have nothing to tell them. That it'll be a waste of time. That I'll be fine, and no one will believe me about how I did feel, have felt. It causes me genuine anxiety.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

believe me you will find things to discuss, especially if the person is a good fit... sometimes the bitching is all u need to relieve u of some of the kindling anxiety..

Inertia said...

Oh, in my more rational moments, I know I have more than enough to talk to a therapist about. You know, the separation from my husband, the new boyfriend, the loss of my job, the hospitalization. I'm sure that'll keep us busy a while. With so much to say, it feels strange sometimes to feel as if I've nothing at all to say. Hoping this lady is a good fit.