Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Psych Check-In

Hiked my Wellbutrin to 300MG. Having problems going to sleep at night, sleeping late in the morning. Tired in the afternoons. Don't give a flying shit about much.

Total psych drugs:

Klonopin 1MG X 2
Wellbutrin 300MG
Remeron 30MG
Lamictal 100MG X 2

The psychiatric nurse practitioner -- who, by the by, is ten times nicer and a much better listener than either the psychiatrist or his wife the therapist -- thinks I am still unstable and asked if the psych had mentioned the hospital to me last time. That's the last sort of talk I want to be getting into with them. I am not going back to the hospital. I don't care how flipped out I am. It's non-negotiable.

The nurse practitioner did hassle me about seeing a therapist, and agreed with me that the psychiatrist's wife is probably not the sort of therapist I should be seeing. She gave me numbers for Vesta and NAMI. And she wants me back in 10 days, which I tried to fight her on, as what the fuck does she expect the drugs to do in a week. She said, "Well, you're not stable yet, and who knows, you might feel better." How do you tell your psychiatrist that you never feel better when you know you have an appointment, and that said appointment often makes you feel worse?

Yet again, a bastardized version of Dorothy Parker comes to mind:


I hate psychiatrist.
They make me impatient.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that quote is really funny... its great to read your words.. you are not alone.

Inertia said...

Sometimes I think that's the hardest part for me: the need to be heard. By the psychiatrist, the doctors, the therapists. And the frustration comes when it feels like no one's listening. Really listening. So thank you for the comment. I appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

im an aspiring writer myself, and the chaotic bouts of creative energy mixed with depressive crying spells definitely do not help me get any thing down on paper.. i'm on a med cocktail myself, but i often fall off the wagon and seek solace in cigs, drinks, and pot.. which doesn't help either.. this is my fourth year diagnosed and it still is a frustrating roller coaster. so. i definitely know what you are going through.. reading your words makes it easier cause i know i'm not the only one who is dealing with this demon.. good luck to the both of us..

Inertia said...

Good luck to you, with both your writing and the continued upkeep that seems to be bipolar. I'm having a hard time dealing with the meds and doctors, myself, and I almost wish I could get off them so that I could write again. Right now, I'm yearning to write this idea I've had, but what seems clear in my head isn't something I can seem to get out on paper. The pot and the drinking is bad, I know, but yeah, I smoke. So much more when I'm agitated and hypo, though, supposedly, Wellbutrin is supposed to help with that.