Saturday, May 31, 2008

Moving Day, Part I

Moving Day, and we've 80% chance of precipitation. It's been storming -- severe thunderstorm warning kinda storming. There is actually a tornado watch in effect for the whole metropolitan area. Seriously. You have got to be kidding me. Least we got the open crates of books into the new apartment while there was a brief lull of rain. All the streets are flooded, though, and it's even hard to see when driving at times. So, we're taking a break. Car's all packed up for our next haul, but there's no way we're going back over until the weather eases up some. Could be a long night.

Thankfully, tomorrow should be overcast, but clear. That's when Jb and one of his guys from work are bringing over the box truck and moving all the big stuff: the dressers, bed, couch, tvs, etc.

I've only had one little fit when I couldn't get out the door with all the bags I was trying to carry. We'll see how many more I have before the day is through.

0 comments: